The Ordinary is fantastic in the range of retinol formulations it offers for skincare enthusiasts of all levels of experience and skin sensitivity.
The retinol range consists of 6 retinol/retinoid formulations to choose from depending on if you have never used a retinol before to the highest strength for those who have worked their way up and would like a more potent formulation.
This Retinol 0.5% in Squalane is a mild-activity retinol that has low-mild irritation levels. Higher dose of retinol are recommended for mature, sun damaged skin or experienced retinol users looking for potent strengths.
What is Retinol?
- Retinol is a type of retinoid made from vitamin A. It does not remove dead skin cells. Instead, the small molecules that make up retinol go deep beneath the epidermis (outer layer of skin) to your dermis and helps neutralize free radicals. This helps boost the production of elastin and collagen, which creates a plumping effect.
What are the benefits of Retinol 0.5% in Squalane?
- Increases dead cell turnover.
- Can markedly improve appearance of skin tone.
- Aids in smoothness of skin texture.
- Treats acne.
- Can increase clarity and radiant look of skin.
- Reduces appearance of blemishes.
Who is it suitable for?
- All skin types (sensitive skin should use with caution).
- Those who deals with acne, breakouts, and scarring.
- Those who has blackheads and whiteheads.
- Dull, dehydrated, and dry skin.
- Mature skin with signs of aging.
- Pigmentation and uneven skin tone.